- This event has passed.
Sip, Hike + Seek Ciderfest & Geo Hiking
July 31, 2016 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pmfree
Come on up and join us for a weekend of Sunshine, Cider and Hiking!
– Take part in our FREE Geo Hiking GPS Scavenger hunt on Saturday July 30 and Sunday July 31!
We’ll have courses for all abilities and ages, from first times hikers to backcountry experts!
Register for Geo Hiking from 10:00 AM at the Concierge Desk in the Village Centre Mall. Prizes awarded to all participants with an additional prizing ceremony at 4:30 PM. Last pickup for GPS systems is at 2:30 PM in the Village Centre Mall.
– Make sure you also check out our 2nd Annual Ciderfest on Sunday July 31st, from noon until 3:30pm!
Local cideries from all over BC will be in the Village pouring samples for you to try – including Dukes, Somersby, Wards, Rider Cider Co., Twisted Hills Craft Cider, Left Field, Hopping Mad (Central City), Scenic Road Cider Co. and Summerland Cidery! Sampling tokens are available for $1.50 per token.
– Enjoy live music in the Village! Live music kicks off on Sunday at 11am from the main stage in the Village Centre Mall.
– Play games at our Outdoor Carnival in the Village – open throughout the long weekend!
– Enjoy a special Cider-themed dinner at Globe Cafe on Saturday Night while Wildson plays live music!
Presented by Wards Cider & Globe Cafe
Appetizer: Thai Fish Cakes with a Ginger Cider Scallion Sauce – Pair with a crisp lively Wards Ginger Apple Cider
Mains: Pork Belly with Cider Braised Prosciutto Wrapped Cabbage, Potato Fondant & Caramelized Apples – Pair with a classic medium dry Pickers Hut Premium Cider
Dessert: Apple Beignets with Vanilla Cream – Pair with Wards Hard Apple Cider with hints of melon & pear