Dear Guests & Associates,
The safety of our guests and team is our top priority, and we continue to emphasize its importance with every decision we make throughout the resort and its operations. We continue to follow the recommendations from our trusted health experts at the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC), Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), World Health Organization (WHO), our local health departments, and Provincial Health Officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry. In addition, we choose to go above and beyond these expectations as we maintain the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness; this is our mandate to you. In administering these procedures, an increased frequency of sanitation and disinfection is made throughout the entire resort, with particular attention to high touchpoint areas. We take these measures seriously and continue to evolve our health and safety procedures with the best interests of both our guests and our employees at heart.
Keeping You Safe
As part of maintaining our high standards of hygiene and cleanliness, we continue to implement:
- While our resort no longer requires masks, please be sensitive to those who choose to wear them
- Dedicated, resort-wide sanitization staff
- Continual disinfection of high-touch contact points, such as reception counters, doorknobs and handles, telephones, elevator panels and buttons, light switches, tables, chairs and work surfaces, desktops, washrooms, point of sale devices and menus
- Guest rooms have rigorous cleaning standards using Drug Identification Number (DIN) grade disinfectants
- Hand sanitizer stations available in public areas
- Resort-wide emphasis on physical distancing and gatherings
Please visit our website prior to your stay at Watermark for further updates and content relating to health and safety protocols and procedures.
– The Watermark Beach Resort Team