Updated May 22, 2020
Dear Guests & Associates,
We look forward to welcoming you to Watermark Beach Resort this summer. The safety of our guests and staff continues to be our top priority, and we consider this with every decision that is made surrounding the resort and our operations during COVID-19. Following the guidance of our provincial leaders, we will be opening our comprehensive roster of services in June, implementing evolved and stringent health and safety measures to ensure your visit is safe and comfortable.
We are following recommendations from our trusted health experts at the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC), Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), World Health Organization (WHO), our local health departments, and Provincial Health Officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry. In addition, we choose to go above and beyond these expectations as we maintain the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness; this is our mandate to you. In administering these new procedures, an increased frequency of sanitation and disinfection will be done throughout the entire resort, with particular attention to high touchpoint areas. We take these measures seriously and continue to evolve our health and safety procedures with both our guests and employees’ best interests at heart.
Keeping You Safe
As part of maintaining our high standards of hygiene and cleanliness, we have implemented:
- Continual disinfecting of high-touch contact points, such as reception counters, doorknobs and handles, telephones, elevator panels and buttons, light switches, tables, chairs and work surfaces, desktops, washrooms, point of sale devices and menus
- Guest rooms have rigorous cleaning standards using Drug Identification Number (DIN) grade disinfectants
- Hand sanitizer stations in public areas
- Resort-wide emphasis on physical distancing and gatherings
- Special physical distancing measures at our front desk reception area for check-in and check-out
We are pleased to announce the opening or re-opening of several resort services in June including:
- The Restaurant at Watermark and the patio area (with reduced seating)
- Available Tuesday – Sunday 4pm-9pm & Weekend Brunch 10am-1pm
- The Restaurant at Watermark takeout service continues
- Available Tuesday – Sunday 4pm-9pm
- Outdoor pool, which will be regularly cleaned with Drug Identification Number (DIN) grade disinfectants and closely monitored via a strict schedule and pool deck capacity limitation
- Fitness Centre, (cleaned and closely monitored schedules with Drug Identification Number (DIN) grade disinfectants)
As we take the appropriate measures to ensure that our resort and community at large remain comfortable and safe, we will continue to closely monitor developments relating to COVID-19 and allow the guidance of credible government and public health officials.
For further information on preventing the transmission of COVID-19 please visit BC Centre for Disease Control. To learn more about COVID-19, symptoms, how it spreads and prevention please visit HealthLink BC.
We are dedicated to doing everything we can to keep you and your family safe and comfortable so that you can enjoy your time with us in sunny Osoyoos.
In the meantime, please re-visit our website over the coming weeks for further updates and content as it relates to health and safety protocols and procedures.
– The Watermark Beach Resort Team