Updated March 27, 2020
Dear Guests & Associates,
With the recent impact that the coronavirus (COVID-19) has had on a global scale, we recognize that it remains a primary focus for travellers everywhere. The safety of our guests and team members is our top priority. The majority of our operations remain open and we plan on maintaining operations throughout the upcoming months while continuing to practice all the recommended COVID -19 health protocols.
As it pertains to COVID-19, we are taking appropriate health measures and following recommendations from experts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), World Health Organization (WHO), and our local health departments. Our standards for hygiene and cleanliness remain exceedingly high and address sanitation and disinfection throughout the resort in its entirety; we take these measures very seriously and continue to implement and promote health safety procedures and preventative practices through awareness and training with our team.
Keeping You Safe
As part of maintaining our high standards of hygiene and cleanliness, we have implemented and are promoting extra health safety procedures and preventive practices with our team, including:
- Take-out only options at the Restaurant at Watermark dining room and heated patio. Menu created by our new Executive Chef, Nick Atkins.
- Deferral of the pool opening to May 1, 2020.
- Fitness room closure until further notice.
- Levia Spa closure until further notice.
- Both saunas and the hot tub will remain open at this time pending guests activeparticipation in following strict social distancing measures.
- Rigorous cleaning and disinfecting of guest rooms and public spaces.
- Regular disinfecting of high-touch contact points, such as elevator buttons, reception counters, conference areas and meeting rooms.
- Resort-wide emphasis on social distancing and gatherings – including special social distancing areas in our front desk lobby for checking in.
As we take the appropriate measures to ensure that our resort – and community at large – remain a comfortable and safe environment, we will continue to closely monitor developments relating to COVID-19 and follow the guidance of credible government and public health officials.
For further information on preventing the transmission of COVID-19 please visit BC Centre for Disease Control. To learn more about COVID-19, symptoms, how it spreads and prevention please visit HealthLink BC.
We take this situation seriously and we are doing everything we can to maintain our operations in a safe environment.
– The Watermark Beach Resort Team