Autumn is awesome in wine country! Watermark Beach Resort offers the perfect escape plan this season.
Here are some of the top reasons why visiting us in the Fall is ideal:
Summer lingers through September here in Canada’s desert. With daytime temperatures in the mid-20s, it’s the perfect time to get outside and play! Short sleeves and bathing suits are still part of the uniform, around here.
Take advantage of our incredible sunshine, and treat yourself to an unhurried round of golf, a leisurely cycling trip, an inspiring hike, or the many lively activities on Canada’s warmest lake. Or just sneak away from the back-to-real-life hustle, and relax poolside.
School may be back in session, but you still deserve a vacation!
The South Okanagan is the heart of BC’s wine country. Boasting more than 70 wineries, we have a reputation for creating world-class sips. It’s harvest time, and the winemakers are picking, pressing, and crushing with zeal!
Come be a part of it all.
- Savour the fruits of last year’s labour in the newly-bottled vintages.
- Pick up a bottle or two of your favourites (or find some new ones!).
- Explore our neighbouring wineries and cideries on your own, or take a wine tour custom-tailored to your tastes.
Back here at “home”, Watermark’s own sommelier, Rob Rocher, has cultivated a list of some of the region’s top wines, all ready to taste in the Restaurant.
We’re truly proud of Chef Adair’s reputation for creating remarkable dishes from the freshest of ingredients. That’s why we’re always so excited for this time of year, and the South Okanagan’s incredible harvest bounty! Come and explore the heavenly flavours of local produce.
- Take advantage of the Signature Experience, which includes a day at Covert Farms.
- Cycle through the orchards, heavy with famous Okanagan apples, pears and plums.
- Take a hike in the hillsides, with views over the lush fields of greens, squash, and more.
It’s been a great year for the area’s hardworking farmers, and now they’re busy ensuring that their beautiful and abundant crop makes its way to our kitchens (and to your happy bellies).
Image credit: FreakNFarmer.ca
There’s always a party happening down here!
Taste the best of the season at the many BBQ lunches, winery dinners, and anniversary celebrations at wineries and orchards throughout Osoyoos, Oliver, and the Similkameen. Coinciding with the 2018 Fall Okanagan Wine Festival, many local wineries are hosting special events, tastings and dinners.
Honour the unique and delicious harvest (and more) of our South Okanagan growers and producers at these favourite fall events!
- Things are getting hot and spicy (and tasty!) at the Similkameen Sizzle Pepperfest
- You might come home stinky, but it’ll be worth it at the delicious Hester Creek Garlic Festival
- Lick your lips (and probably your fingers) at the first annual Osoyoos Ribfest and Bevvy Bevy Festival
- Taste, stomp, shop, and play at Oliver’s annual Festival of the Grape
- Channel your inner homesteader (or cheer on your favourite competitor) at the always fun Freakin’ Farmer at Covert Farms
- Celebrate the best in Okanagan wines at Cropped by Valley First, the closing event of the Fall Wine Festival.
Have we enticed you with all of the South Okanagan’s fall enchantments?
There’s so much to do, see, and savour out here right now!
Watermark makes it easy for you to satisfy your autumn restlessness. Enjoy great rates this season, and get away to BC’s desert & wine country paradise.
Escap-ing never tasted so sweet.
Our Fall in the Land of Ing package rates start at just $139 plus tax.
Spend this Autumn golf-ing, cycl-ing, sipp-ing, rejuvenat-ing, and enjoy-ing all that the South Okanagan has to offer!